Sunday, 13 April 2014

Knitting Adventures.....The Gimmick is finished!

Remember The Gimmick...the knitting project that I wrote about aaaages ago? Well it's finished...finally!!! I started it in November and put it down a couple of times to knit a scarf over Christmas and also to make my little hat. But here it is! It's not perfect, but I'm pleased with it! Right near the end I dropped loads of stitches off of the needle while I was knitting while also watching Breaking Bad (muti-tasking badly), and tried my best but unfortunately couldn't quite fix the mistake  completely. Oh well! I've also sewn one of the sleeves up a bit too tight, but not dramatically so its fine.
What do you think? I think that I really need to get a vintage strapless bra because I dont like the roundness that this modern one gives my bust under this sweater. I'd much rather have more of a point like my other bras. 
On to the next project!




15 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a great top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just darling! I may have to add it to my always growing queue now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks splendid.

    Do you use a crochet hook for picking up dropped stitches? I find that's the easiest thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous top! And that color is fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, a whole jumper in rib!!! :o Makes my head hurt just thinking about the hours involved! Looks great on though and well done you for finishing it. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, it's seriously captivating, beautiful and flat out alluring! That shade of red positively skins against your skin and hair tones.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely top, it looks great on. What is your next project?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done. I'm impressed, it looks fabulous on you!

    - Vintage Swank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! This looks soooo great. Red is definitely your colour & you are stunning.

    Sarah
    http://Topnotchfoxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sweater! Love that colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, it's because of the hat and this that I am attempting knitting..... and from vintage patterns too :), Wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having read this I believed it was rather enlightening. I appreciate
    you taking the time and effort to put this content together.
    I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile! Obat aborsi penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete